Is it possible for a CAP agency to go paperless in the state of Maryland?
- November 16, 2018
- Posted by: Larry Phelps
- Category: Community Action
- (a) In general. — A record or signature may not be denied legal effect or enforceability solely because it is in electronic form.
- (b) Electronic contract. — A contract may not be denied legal effect or enforceability solely because an electronic record was used in its formation.
- (c) Electronic record. — If a law requires a record to be in writing, an electronic record satisfies the law.
- (d) Electronic signature. — If a law requires a signature, an electronic signature satisfies the law.
Reading this, I don’t think any state agency can require you to keep paper copies of your applications and associated paperwork. But, it would be good to check with your legal counsel.
I found a good article on this subject written by CAPLAW: CAPLAW opinion on going paperless